Mission & Outreach
We are pleased to report that in 2017, we were able to provide outreach funds for the following ministries:
- Grace House on The Mountain, Dante, VA
- St. Paul’s Church Key West FL, St. Luke’s Church in Ponce, Puerto Rico, and St. John the Divine Church in Houston TX in interest of hurricane recovery and relief
- Greater Woodbury Cooperative Ministries
- Seeds of Hope Ministries in Camden, NJ
- Brotherhood of St. Andrew Yardville Prison Ministry
- Support of Theological Education
- Aged Infirmed Clergy within the Diocese of New Jersey
- Widows and Orphans of Clergy within the Diocese of New Jersey
2017 Missions Trip Details
Eleven from Christ Church Woodbury spent November 8th through the 12th, 2017 in the Diocese of Southwestern Virginia accomplishing construction priorities within the coal mining community of Dante. This was the second year that a team of youth, adults, and clergy from Christ Church was commissioned and then sent out to take up residence within Grace House on the Mountain located on Sandy Ridge in Wise County, Virginia.
A ministry of the Diocese of Southwestern Virginia, Grace House on the Mountain endeavors to extend the love of Christ by reaching out into the Appalachian communities showing mercy and compassion, through responsiveness by “working with, not for” the families in the surrounding area. Their work projects center on helping families in need to have safe, warm, and dry homes. In addition to the work projects, Grace House on the Mountain extends outreach services to the community around us by offering assistance to families in need of help with electricity, water, medicinal needs.
In cooperation with 10 local church congregations, Christ Church hosted a Dante community gathering and cook-out where bedding; first-aid supplies; winter caps, gloves and scarves were displayed for collection by the families. Over 150 local residents attended the three hour event. The blog of this mission reach may be found at Christchurchwoodbury.wordpress.com.